Hey All,
I'm reading/listening to a few things right now. All of them are in the same vein discussing organizaiton, life habits and ADD.
When half your time is spent on organization and fighting distraction, you can never really have enough books to pore through for hints and lifehacks.
Just want to say audiobooks rule. If you haven't already, you may want to check out Audible.com.
Audiobooks on my iPod:
"Getting Things Done" by David Allen
This is absolutely indespensible. It may be intimidating at first blush (I actually bought this a year ago but I stopped listening once he started talking about dozens of collection tools and multi-level organization).
However, once you get past all that and make a real effort to distill his method into someting ADDish and manageable, it all clicks into place.
I will say it helps to look at how others are working GTD into their lives — anecdotes give you a real-world understanding of GTD. The wizard of de-mystifying GTD is Merlin Mann at www.43folders.com. Check him out if you're just starting with GTD and you'll be just fine.
"The Success Principles" by Jack Canfield
I'm mid-way through the book and I have to say I feel energized and educated everytime I listen to it. Allow me to go all informercial for a second — this book is changing my life.
If you've gone through most of your life feeling lost or inadequate because of ADD, this book will give you confidence to go for the gold and look for success. There are tons of great strategies for making your grand plans a reality. I'm doing a few right now and I'll write some more about it later.
Books in my bag:
"Making ADD Work : On-the-Job Strategies for Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder" by Blythe Grossberg.
This is my favorite book on Adult ADD. It's actually the only book I've ever respected about the subject.
Most books about the disorder are very clinical, have an outsider's point of view or are pushing an agenda (pro/anti ritalin rants).
This book respects adults with ADD and is filled with anecdotes and real life examples of ADD achievers.
Best of all it understands ADD habits and gives real-world advice about how to turn your natural traits into advantages.
I'm a big fan of this book and I'll give it a deeper write up once I finish it.
Anyone else out there have any reccomended reading? Anyone read these books ... share with the group.
See you next distraction,
Carlo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment