Monday, March 06, 2006

ADD break: Online again ...

Hi All,

It looks like I'm on-line once again ... maybe I can make my blessing/affliction of ADD into something productive for a change. Not to say that it hasn't helped my a great deal — it certainly has its advantages : ).

As most will attest, however, one is prone to spirals of distractedness and frustration that only a break will remedy. Luckily, I'm pretty productive in my job and I've allowed windows for myself to take mini-breaks. During this time, I mostly surf the web and look at ways to maximize my working/living style through different techniques.
This time however, I decided to see if I couldn't help some people through my experiences and by providing a window into things I'm trying now. Maybe some of you could offer some suggestions if you're experiencing the same things.

As disorders go, Adult ADHD is pretty tame. However, it's a world that's difficult to explain to outsiders.
One thing I've found amazing from reading stories of others is the commonality of what we go through.
I was diagnosed about two years ago and my life has changed radically since then. It let me realize that I had much more unrealized potential than I suspected. (I'll get into that later).

*Just noticed ...
At any given time, I have about 10 programs running and about about 6 browser windows open. *

Back on track:
So I hope I can help others with my ongoing self-improvement+ADHD odysseyy.

Writing helps me put my mind in back in order. SO I suspect I'll be posting pretty regularly.
I hope you enjoy ...


-- Carlo

No comments: